AX-Gasket has a flexible texture & elasticity, and an outstanding performance as high thermal insulation.
AX-Gasket resists operating temperatures up to 1800°F
Applications include but not limited to:
- Supports for heating resistors (i.e. convectors).
- Thermal insulation in circuit breakers and between electronic components
- In large thickness, as thermal insulators for industries with large stress such as iron and steel works, chemical, glass and petro-chemical industries
- Mechanical support and electrical insulator in high voltage cabins
- Replacements for asbestos panels in forging machines and hydraulic presses
- Automotive (exhaust manifolds)
- Fuel cells; gas turbines & turbo generators.
- It can also be used as filler for spiral wound gaskets or as a material for cam profile gaskets.
AX-TEMP is made from high-grade Phlogopite mica paper impregnated with a silicone binder. Phlogopite mica (= aluminosilicate of mineral origin) gives AX-TEMP it´s thermal characteristics & outstanding resistance to solvents, acids and mineral oils.
Thickness: 0.1 – 3.0 mm | Width: 1000 mm | Length: max. 2400 mm
Thickness: 0.1 – 0.25 mm | Width: 500 mm or 1000 mm | Length: max. 300 m
Customized strips or punched parts on request.